Homekeeping Central

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

cooking for large groups

Hi all! I am extremely excited about this blog. And I have a question. I help cook for our Monday Night Home Group in Clemson/Central (see New Spring Community Church), and I would love some recipe ideas for large groups. Umm, when I say large, I'm "guestimating" over 20 people.

I will say, last night was quite creative and an info-mercial for George Foreman. Yes, we had 5 grills going (and didn't blow the circuit) to grill chicken for 20. That with a pot of cream corn and a pot of green beans, local bakery rolls, sweet tea, and incredible chocolate brownie pies (recipe to come from Laura soon)...am I making you hungry yet? Whew, so grand!

Cool tip I learned from Laura last night: Spray your measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray when measuring molasses - it drips right out without the sticky mess and does not mix with the molasses. If only we can find a way to do peanut butter!

Happy cooking! JuJu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home